Re: Gnumeric 1.7.11 for Windows?

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 10:23:59PM +0100, Pedro Lino wrote:

What modifications or suggestions have we ignored ?
I'll make another win32 release when it will fix problems.

This is just the proof that my messages are being ignored... Since the
1.7.6 installer you can not create a chart in Gnumeric (due to the problem
with the dislocated pixmaps). I think that creating charts is a pretty
important feature (at least in my work). Isn't that reason enough to
create a new win32 release?

I know you can move the files manually to the appropriate folder but this
is just for advanced users. Imagine a new user that downloads the 1.7.10
build for the first time (there is no warning on the Gnumeric homepage
that this is a development build) and tries to do something as simple as
adding a chart...

And as you know that problem was fixed in 1.7.11.  Unfortunately I
have not yet had time to figure out how to create an installer, or
to automate the build process enough for others to build things out
of the box.  As soon as we can produce a better win32 package than
the .tar.bz2 I mentioned in the release notes I'll upload it.  For
now, I've been focusing on making print and python work.

Hopefully it will get done soon, but it's one of many tasks.