Re: Drag & Drop - Follow-up Patch

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 03:31, Jody Goldberg wrote:
- If the dialog has no pending changes then it should reflect
  changes to the workbook.

Attached a patch that _tries_ to do a bit more: If the dialog has no
_conflicting_ changes, the dialog will be updated. Otherwise, the user
will be asked.

The patch is not perfect. I had to comment out wbcg_edit_attach_guru
because otherwise the dialog would get destroyed if you deleted a sheet.
And gnumeric crashed once after removing a sheet. Therefore, see this
patch as a proof of concept. If you like the idea behind, I'll try to
sort out the bugs.

- When the dialog attempts to apply its changes it should check to
  see if they conflict with previously applied updates and warn a
  user only then.

This should be simple to implement - just ask if the changes done to the
workbook should simply be overwritten or the changes in the
sheet-manager cancelled (everything-or-nothing approach).

Lutz
| Lutz Müller                 +49 (7156) 34837 |
| Hans-Sachs-Strasse 5                         |
| 71254 Ditzingen       http://www.topfrose.de |
| Germany           lutz users sourceforge net |