Re: Gnome Web Plone Sprint

Hi Thilo,

Thilo Pfennig schrieb:
Carsten Senger schrieb:
So let's try to move forward to see where it get's us :-)).

That is as vague as one can be. Actually what I think is needed is less
"try" but concrete goals and deadlines. The point where we are now is
the result of that. I guess  you did not mean what it sounds like, but
it sounds like more of the same (stagnation).

What can I say after two days studing code, the poor documentation and the requirements. I got the buildout running, an will setup a site for public access within the time I promissed. Promising a beta-site within x workinghours isn't possible now and won't be serious. All I can do now is show what I want to do and what the results are.

I talked to Ramon, Christopher and Jonathan. I can't say that I'm ecstatic, and I hope noone expects that. Even if we are willing the resources we can guarantee are not enough to promise a releasable site within 5 month. That's a dead end.

The next steps we planned are
- release a public testsite and maintain it, while wgo.theme will be
  developed by Jonathan. [me/tomorrow]

- complete the tasklist and update some basic documentation.
  [Ramon;me/tomorow] The base to get developers to join is that a
  maintained tasklist exists.

- Try to get the plone-developers that offered their help to
  build a team and do predictable work [all of us/from tomorrow for a
  week].

If we get a usable team we can start to plan goals and timelines, together with a person from gnome.org

It's clear that you don't expect any success from our efforts and I can't promise you one.

..Carsten