Re: Gnome Web Plone Sprint

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 20:53 -0700, Alexander Limi wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:47:09 -0700, Ramon Navarro Bosch
> <ramon nb gmail com> wrote:
>
> > This saturday we are going to sprint on gnome web at the plone
> > conference sprint Arlington Career Center ( Washington D.C. )
> > http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-conference-2008-dc/sprint  . The
> > idea is to have a funcional site with the visual design and features of
> > www.gnome.org CMS site so every body can download a buildout and try it,
> > fix bugs, ... If anybody wants to goin us will be at 9 a.m.  I'll inform
> > about the state of the sprint during the weekend.
>
> Since Ramon hasn't commented yet (he's probably en route to Barcelona),
> I'm happy to inform you that Jonathan Wilde did lots of great work on the
> theme + portlets, and he showed me a very nice-looking Plone 3.1 with the
> GNOME design.
>
> I'll let Ramon or Jonathan cover the details, but I just wanted to make
> sure that you know that it seemed to be a successful sprint. Now, it's
> time to fix the process issues around this. ;)

Interesting, and well done, though I am not yet ready to be change our
plans back. I'll need to see real results to be convinced.

Now it's time to get these changes into svn and to prove that it can be
deployed by someone else.

If anyone has the ability to put up a reliable test site of this, before
gnome.org does, that would also be useful.

Thanks.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com