Re: Gnome Web Plone Sprint

Carsten Senger schrieb:

>> That is as vague as one can be.
>
> What can I say after two days studing code, the poor documentation and
> the requirements.

Well take into account that this is talked about since 2006. I did not
mean you personally. I think the activity and talk we now see looks
promising. I think its sometimes good if people become impatient - those
who worked on Plone also are motivated through expectations. If nobody
is expecting anything stagnation is the result. So I am positive about
the current attitude.

> It's clear that you don't expect any success from our efforts and I
> can't promise you one.
Wrong. Its rather the expectation to get some more concrete timetable
soon. I think nobody can really like to see all that work being wasted,
nor do I. I think the best thing would be to have some working beta
ASAP. As I am no Plone expert and always found it complicated I cant
really help in any groundwork. I would be willing to transfer some
content at the point where its workable.

I would also vote to release it earlier even if it lacks some minor
tuning. Why? Because its better if new pages are using a CMS as that we
would have to transfer more content.

Regards,
Thilo