Re: Dialog box locked to under title bar. Can we make it fade?

On Thu, 2011-05-12 at 21:39 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 10:47 +1200, John Stowers wrote:
>
> > This happens 10s of times per day for me when reading/managing papers.
>
> Yeah.  Don't you hate Citeseer for its stupid filenames? :)

Ha, science direct is the least creative - sdarticle(1...\infinity).pdf

*sigh*

> > All of this has been discussed on ddl and live.gnome.org very recently
> > (and to be honest I'm not convinced anyone in a position to change
> > things reads or cares about this list)
>
> Anyone who can type "git diff" and who is diligent enough to get a
> Bugzilla account is in a position to change things.

Oh I understand that, and agree with you.

I certainly do hope people read this list and take inspiration where
useful. On the other hand it has been suggested that this list be
moderated on a number of occasions in past, and the recommended way for
interacting with the design team is IRC; which doesnt really work for my
timezone. So in absence of evidence that the list is useful I am left
with the perception, driven by these statements, that it is not (very).

So you might understand how me, even as someone who actually contributes
code, is a little tired.

Anyways, sorry for the OT (thus proving your point).

John