Re: Dialog box locked to under title bar. Can we make it fade?

On Thu, 2011-05-12 at 16:27 +0200, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> The problem is that some dialogs don't stricly require interaction with
> the main window, but you need to see the window behind. AFAICT, the file
> chooser is the main offender here: you often click File->Save As, and
> then realize you'd like read the title of the document, which is hidden
> by the dialog.

If I recall correctly, the HIG strongly recommends that the document
title is used in the window title. For applications which follow that
advise, making the save dialog modal is actually a good thing - if more
than one document windows are opened, there can't be any
misunderstandings which document is being saved.

Florian