Re: Dialog box locked to under title bar. Can we make it fade?

On 11/05/11 17:38, Micah Carrick wrote:
> Problem with that, for me anyway, is I often need to copy what's
> underneath and paste into the dialog. So I really do need to move it.
>

> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 8:27 AM, G. Michael Carter
> <mikey carterfamily ca> wrote:
>> > I've seen comments in this list before about the dialog box needing to move
>> > so you can see what's underneath, and people pointing to setting to undock
>> > it.  Seems pointless to keep turning it on/off for one or two windows.
>> > Then I had a thought.  How about have a way to fade it to see
>> > what's underneath?  Have it hooked to a hot key or some type of mouse
>> > gesture?

What about:

1) the dialog is solid when first appears
2) if you move the mouse over it and then out, the dialog fades enough
   to let you see what's under it
3) if you press a special key like control the dialog goes completely
   transparent and let you select content under it (maybe does make
   sense to show its outline

The rationale is that (2) is a sensible behaviour useful to everybody
while (3) should be learned by the user, but then not everybody needs to
copy what's under the dialog and a power user can just learn it.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico digregorio dndg it
Studio Associato Di Nunzio e Di Gregorio                  http://dndg.it