Re: Paper prototypes for Finding and Reminding

Hi Federico,

I got some time to think about your narrative, thanks for this great
piece. In general the idea feels right to me, but I have the following
comments:

1. Your prototype seems to be completely independent from the Clock
applet in the shell, where you have the reminders from evolution.
Maybe it makes sense to merge these two UIs in someway... After all
the only extra thing would be the calendar ( I would say that All type
of reminders should go into only one UI) of course, doing it right is
not easy because the UI can become quickly cluttered.

2. I understand why you put the filters in the middle and it's nice
for me, but maybe for RTL users you would want to put the Journal on
the right and the reminders on the left?

3. I don't understand why saving the files from the mail program
should give you a notification of the journal. (I know this is
probably some design decision I missed) In my opinion, you just saved
the files, you already know that the files are being added to the
journal, so I see no reason why you should be notified about it.

4. How is the interaction going to work if you don't want to drag the
files from the Journal? Let's say you use nautilus, or the "finding"
part of the interaction (which I guess would be tracker based), is it
possible to make the drag between gtk+ and shell parts to work well?
In my workflow, I download everything to some big "Downloads" folder,
and then from time to time, I try to empty this folder. So this is
like the "all pending" folders without the timing thingie. Probably
having some way of annotation(tags) in nautilus that permit to control
the reminders by the tags would be nice. (like, I might annotate a pdf
file, (Read next week)

5. Finally, what are your plans for people that are more TODO based
than calendar based? My idea would be to have a uncategorized "pending
do not when" which can be prioritized instead of time-based. Of course
this might be outside of the scope of Finding and Reminding.

Greetings

José