Re: Dialog box locked to under title bar. Can we make it fade?

> Actually, in an idea world, the file chooser would already have set the
> file name to the document's title. The problem is that very often, documents
> from the Web (and thus their window) have weird names, and people need
> to have a look at the text to copy (manually or by pasting) the real
> title themselves. In my experience, it especially happens with PDFs.

This happens 10s of times per day for me when reading/managing papers.
Fortunately addressing this particular annoyance seems to be the goal of
the 'Document Centric GNOME' additions for matching open files back to
the file system.

All of this has been discussed on ddl and live.gnome.org very recently
(and to be honest I'm not convinced anyone in a position to change
things reads or cares about this list)

So I think, at least this case, it is being handled.

John