Dialog box locked to under title bar. Can we make it fade?

I've seen comments in this list before about the dialog box needing to move so you can see what's underneath, and people pointing to setting to undock it.  Seems pointless to keep turning it on/off for one or two windows.

Then I had a thought.  How about have a way to fade it to see what's underneath?  Have it hooked to a hot key or some type of mouse gesture?