Re: Paper prototypes for Finding and Reminding

On Thu, 2011-05-12 at 20:57 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
> I finally got off my ass and finished the paper prototypes for Finding
> and Reminder.  This is the journal and reminders that I posted about the
> other day in the "Narrative for Finding and Reminding" thread.
>
> Since posting pictures to this list is awkward, I've put the narrative
> and prototypes here:
>
> http://people.gnome.org/~federico/news-2011-05.html#narrative
>
> The post also links to an XCF with the various pieces of the paper
> prototype, for if you want to play with them, print them, etc.
>
> I hope to be able to test the prototype on my wife; I'm sure a second
> pair of eyes will bring up basic problems in the design.

I guess one thing that worries me slightly about this is the addition of
another 'tab' on the Shell. This is starting to feel like panel applets,
to me - an invention of convenience that's going to get overloaded.
Every time we add some major feature to the Shell, is it going to wind
up being another overview tab? Is that what we really want? If it is
then great, I just wanted to make sure it was really designed that
way :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey