Re: Dialog box locked to under title bar. Can we make it fade?

Le jeudi 12 mai 2011 à 18:36 +0200, Florian Müllner a écrit :
> On Thu, 2011-05-12 at 16:27 +0200, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> > The problem is that some dialogs don't stricly require interaction with
> > the main window, but you need to see the window behind. AFAICT, the file
> > chooser is the main offender here: you often click File->Save As, and
> > then realize you'd like read the title of the document, which is hidden
> > by the dialog.
>
> If I recall correctly, the HIG strongly recommends that the document
> title is used in the window title. For applications which follow that
> advise, making the save dialog modal is actually a good thing - if more
> than one document windows are opened, there can't be any
> misunderstandings which document is being saved.
Actually, in an idea world, the file chooser would already have set the
file name to the document's title. The problem is that very often, documents
from the Web (and thus their window) have weird names, and people need
to have a look at the text to copy (manually or by pasting) the real
title themselves. In my experience, it especially happens with PDFs.

Cheers