Re: missing workflows with gnome-shell

Il giorno mer, 23/02/2011 alle 14.15 +0100, Thomas Bouffon ha scritto:
> Okay, so now we have the same version and it works for both of us.
> But I don't know if the Main._checkWorkspaces overriding should be
> inside this extension or be another standalone extension on which this
> one would depend.
> I mean, this could be an alternative for the people who are not at
> ease with the workspace collection ?
> At work, many of my colleagues have a workspace for every distant
> machine, and some of them would be quite confused about these
> shuffling workspaces.

That seems to be a sweet option. I think that the auto workspace
management is not a suit everybody solution. It seems slick for people
not used to workspaces, however *I* think that people accustomed to them
will have a hard time with the auto collection "shiftness".

> Maybe we could use boolean options like 'auto-collect empty workspaces
> surrounded by non-empty ones'  and 'auto-collect trailing empty
> workspaces' ?

Again sounds good, even though I think that just preserving all the
workspaces but the trailing ones (as it is now) is a good replacement
for old styled users :)

Is there other feedback on this? I really have no idea whether it is me
and you or the new behaviour is critical also for other users.

Alessandro