Re: missing workflows with gnome-shell

Il giorno sab, 19/02/2011 alle 19.02 +0100, Giovanni Campagna ha
scritto:
> Il giorno lun, 07/02/2011 alle 22.04 +0100, Alessandro Crismani ha
> scritto:
> > Il giorno lun, 07/02/2011 alle 10.21 +0100, Thomas Bouffon ha scritto:
> > [...]
> >
> > I'm copy and pasting it here, it's not that long. It is a slightly
> > modified version of your extension (renamed variables and minor edits, I
> > rewrote it for learning purposes, hope you don't mind), that does not
> > use Gconf (I planned to add class and titles and I wanted an easily
> > modifiable config, so I'm directly using an array in the extension).
> > Here it is, and it works with an up to today build (2.91.6):
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > That's the problem. I'm clueless about Gsettings and how to store into|
> > use|abuse it. As usual, I should do a little bit of research, but I have
> > yet to find an agreement with my to-do list :)
>
> I've taken the liberty to include your code in gnome-shell-extensions

I browsed the repository and noted that I am listed as the original code
in the metadata.json. The code I've mailed is a slightly modified paste
of Thomas Bouffon's extension, so could you please credit him instead of
me? :)

> after some modifications to make it work with GSettings.

Thanks very much for taking the effort to modify it and port it to
GSetting, I'll try it as soon as I can. The extensions repo is a great
idea, so is your work on it :)

> If you want to play with it, it is the auto-move-windows extension. The
> set of applications can be modified with:
> gsettings set org.gnome.shell.extensions.auto-move-windows
> application-list "['app-id.desktop:3']"
> (I'm using desktop files, obtained using ShellWindowTracker /
> ShellAppSystem, which are more reliable than window classes).
>
> You're example should roughly be
> gsettings set org.gnome.shell.extensions.auto-move-windows
> application-list
> "['rhythmbox.desktop:2','evolution.desktop:1','fedora-liferea.desktop:1']"

Does your version work in the new "workspace thumbnail" Shell. My
version failed due to auto management of workspaces. Let's say that I
have only one workspace, and I want Rhythmbox on the third. I call the
add_workspace_by_index twice, but the second added workspace is deleted
because it is empty. Right now I am "pinning" the first four workspace,
so they don't get deleted, but it is a ugly hack.

Alessandro