Re: missing workflows with gnome-shell

2011/2/4 Milan Bouchet-Valat <nalimilan club fr>:
> Le vendredi 04 février 2011 à 10:21 +0000, Rui Tiago Cação Matos a
> écrit :
>> > Hiding the panel: I always hide my gnome-panel using the direction
>> > buttons in the old gnome-panel. I set the panel to auto-hide also.
>> > This way I get maximum screen space for all my applications. However I
>> > am not able to find a way to hide the top panel in gnome-shell. How do
>> > I do it ?
>> Not possible currently. Not sure if that's been considered by the design people.
> I don't think designers will include this in the main design of the
> Shell, but writing an extension for that would be easy and I'm sure
> somebody will step in at some point.

I really want to use gnome-shell moving forward. However, these things
are kinda deal-killer for me. Are there any docs on how to write those
extensions that you mentioned ? I can try my hands over the weekend.

I believe fixed number of workspaces are something every developer
will have. May be we should try to implement in the core instead of a
plugin ?

And one dumb question, should the plugins to gnome-shell also be
written in JavaScript ?

--
Sankar P
http://psankar.blogspot.com