Re: gnome-office website (was Re: We're removed from FC2 ?)
- From: David Bolack <dbolack electricmulch com>
- To: <msevior physics unimelb edu au>, <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: <jody gnome org>, <j m maurer student utwente nl>, <gnome-office-list gnome org>, <gnumeric-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gnome-office website (was Re: We're removed from FC2 ?)
- Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 11:47:09 -0800
At 04:56 AM 2/6/2004, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:
In gtk 2.2 we just got the first format gtk presented us with. So I think
we should make the next GO release with gtk 2.4 only (provided with have
this copy/paste working between AbiWord and Gnumeric.)
Would this have huge impact on multiple platforms? Particularly Windows?
For mutual embedding we really need proper SVG support. So Gnumeric can
make a SVG representation of itself (same for Abi) and we can embed these
as images in each others applications.
Can we leverage the Inkscape team here, somehow? Is there a virtual
printer out there that outputs svg?
We also need a presentation program. I'm of the opinion that it would be
rather easy to re-use about 95% of the AbiWord codebase for this and get
something decent within a year if I do it all myself. It would go much
faster if other developers got involved.
You've got my help, for what that would mean.
] [Thread Prev