Re: gnome-office website (was Re: We're removed from FC2 ?)

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 07:50:05PM +0100, Marc Maurer wrote:

> IMO, there is no need to link to other apps. People will find them if
> they need them, and it will only create extra 'confusion' (big word). We
> need to present GO as a firm solid complete solution for users.

There is a tradeoff in wooing other projects.  Sharing the workload
with a project like the gimp would make all our lives easier.

the key requires to my mind are
1) They want to be part of GO
2) They will use GO libraries
3) They are sufficiently stable to be useful

> Furthermore, I don't see why Inkscape (and other graphic apps) would
> become part of GNOME _Office_. Although being a great app, I would think
> it would fit better in a "Gnome Graphics Suite" for example.

There's a need for a core shared drawing laying between the
wordprocessor, spreadsheet, and presentation to put us on par with
MS Office.