Re: gnome-office website (was Re: We're removed from FC2 ?)

> On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 22:04 -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
>>
>> > True.  This is more important than (2) in many ways.  We need to
>> >
>> >   I (we as a group?) need to map out what features are needed for
>> good
>> > cross app behavior ( integration is not the word I want here, I
>> think  ).  We might even should establisha  separate bugzilla.
>>
>> The first major step will be to get someone to actually test things
>> and file some bugs.   We should be able to cut-n-paste in both
>> directions with rich content.
>>
>> How about this for a list
>> For abi <-> gnumeric
>>     At a minimum
>> 	- table size
>> 	- alignment
>> 	- fonts
>> 	- colours

We should be able to do this via via XHTML importer/export. I noticed that
dom managed to get improved clipbaord support in gtk-2.3.x so we can
explicitly look for XHTL on the clipboard and paste it into abi/gnumeric.

In gtk 2.2 we just got the first format gtk presented us with. So I think
we should make the next GO release with gtk 2.4 only (provided with have
this copy/paste working between AbiWord and Gnumeric.)

For mutual embedding we really need proper SVG support. So Gnumeric can
make a SVG representation of itself (same for Abi) and we can embed these
as images in each others applications.

librsvg is not good enough. We need to be able to print SVG images and
have decent text support.

We also need a presentation program. I'm of the opinion that it would be
rather easy to re-use about 95% of the AbiWord codebase for this and get
something decent within a year if I do it all myself. It would go much
faster if other developers got involved.

Martin