Re: gnome-office website (was Re: We're removed from FC2 ?)

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 12:56, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:
> For mutual embedding we really need proper SVG support. So Gnumeric can
> make a SVG representation of itself (same for Abi) and we can embed these
> as images in each others applications.
>
> librsvg is not good enough. We need to be able to print SVG images and
> have decent text support.

I do believe this is where Inkscape comes in.  The only issue there is
the priority they have placed on exporting their SVG canvas into a
library.  (It's planned but a few versions away.)  I'm sure we could
coerce a change of mind. ;)

> We also need a presentation program. I'm of the opinion that it would be
> rather easy to re-use about 95% of the AbiWord codebase for this and get
> something decent within a year if I do it all myself. It would go much
> faster if other developers got involved.

Definitely a combination of some features from all GO and potentials -
Abiword (textboxen and layout), Gnumeric (graphing), Inkscape (SVG in
general), and maybe even Dia (diagrams).
--
- Charlie

The future of the net - www.xwt.org

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>