Re: wm2 and GNOME (was Re: Problem starting GNOME)

On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 09:25:38AM +0200, Preben Randhol wrote:
> (Matthias Warkus) writes:
> | I suppose so - Blackbox started out as an exercise in X programming.
> | The author probably didn't anticipate its success. I've never looked
> | at the code, but under these circumstances, I'm sure the thing needs a
> | complete rewrite.

*chuckle*  I dunno whether it's that bad, but there are some good
X/C++ types on the Blackbox mailing list (
who find sub-optimal coding and submit patches.  One of the more
recently patches might have even fixed my problem with the combo
of Blackbox, GNOME and GIMP.

Dan Birchall, Haddonfield NJ.  Linux, NEC Versa 2000C, Cannondale
Read about the history of Burlington, NJ at
See the Unofficial Maisha Fan Site: