Re: wm2 and GNOME (was Re: Problem starting GNOME)

William Allen <ballen@ms.com> writes:

| Michael Rogers wrote:
| >
| > I've downloaded the ICE and xsmp docs from ftp.x.org to have a look
| > at whether session management could be incorporated into wm2 without
| > a complete rewrite. The wm2 source is so tiny it seems like a good
| > place to start to make a minimalist GNOME wm. The other feature I'm
| > curious about is MWM hints. I've been unable to locate any
| > documentation on these other than the E code snippet on the GNOME
| > website. Can anyone point me towards a simple explanation?
| >

| It is my understanding that Blackbox is gnome-compliant. It is a
| radically small and very fast WM. A little too minimal for my
| taste, but for those so inclined, it seems to work well.

>From the Blackbox site: http://blackbox.wiw.org/

NOTE: Blackbox is NOT and probably WILL NOT include GNOME support. It
   is my opinion that the GNOME Window Manager Spec needs to be
   revised, as the current (quote) specification (post quote) seems to
   be more implementation based. A near complete rewrite and
   restructuring of Blackbox's internals would be necessary to
   implement the (quote) specification (post quote) as is.

--
Preben Randhol                     «There are three things you can do
[randhol@pvv.org] 	            to a woman. You can love her, suffer