wm2 and GNOME (was Re: Problem starting GNOME)

Gleef wrote:

>It should work on GNOME compliant window managers.  Enlightenment
>and new versions of WindowMaker bill themselves as such, but wm2
>does not.

I'm interested in modifying wm2 to make it GNOME compliant. Would
anyone else be interested in a minimalist alternative to E?
For those who didn't pick up the broad hint, would anyone else be
interested in _helping me write_ a mininalist alternative to E?

>WM2 makes no claim to support ICCCM Session Management.  Given its
>deliberately feature-spartan design, this makes a certain amount of
>sense.

I've downloaded the ICE and xsmp docs from ftp.x.org to have a look
at whether session management could be incorporated into wm2 without
a complete rewrite. The wm2 source is so tiny it seems like a good
place to start to make a minimalist GNOME wm. The other feature I'm
curious about is MWM hints. I've been unable to locate any
documentation on these other than the E code snippet on the GNOME
website. Can anyone point me towards a simple explanation?

 - Michael Rogers