Re: Esd and ICQJava

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Kevin Saenz wrote:

Use GnomeICU.  It has ESD support built in, the only function it's lacking
is file transfer, it's got a smaller memory footprint, it's MUCH faster,
it's less buggy, it fits right on your Gnome panel, it's Gnome compliant,
its development is in progress, you can get technical support for it, it
looks nicer, it's themable, and there's a new release due out very soon.
If you need more reasons, let me know, cuz I've got 'em ;-)

Sincerely,

Jeremy Wise

P.S. You don't have to install Qt to make GnomeICU look great...

> > > can I run JavaICQ in gnome-session?
> > why would you want to when there are icq clones such as GnomeICU?
>
> Ben becuz I like the functionality of the Java version
> last I check mind you this is a while ago there where
> alot missing from ICQ clones.
>

> > > when I run esddsp ICQ I don't even
> > > get ICQ up and running. So is there
> > > a way to get sound from the java
> > > version?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > kevin

| Jeremy Wise                                God rules.          |
| jwise@pathwaynet.com                       Always has,         |
| ICQ #4664755                               Always will.        |
| http://www.pathwaynet.com/~jwise           Hope you know Him!  |