Re: Perl Packages [was: Re: GNOME Bugzilla Upgrade: Test Upgrade On Friday?]

Owen Taylor wrote:
  Don't consider the security risk of launching ImageMagick
  code from the web interface worth the marginal feature of allowing
  BMP's to be converted to PNG's on upload. (Probably most BMP's that
  are uploaded to gnome.org are to demonstrate bugs in gdk-pixbuf
  or EOG...)

FWIW, there's no security risk that I'm aware of. But if you don't need the feature, you don't have to install the package.

 Authen::LDAP

  No immediate need to authenticate users against LDAP. Maybe later
  if we want a unified gnome.org password.

I think it'd be better to just install this now, so that if people do want to do some sort of SSO for gnome.org, they can just set this up in Bugzilla's admin interface without having to resort to a sysadmin with root on the box. (Of course, that might just be the same person anyway.)

	-Max
--
Max Kanat-Alexander
Chief Engineer