Re: Perl Packages [was: Re: GNOME Bugzilla Upgrade: Test Upgrade On Friday?]

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 14:26 -0700, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
> Owen Taylor wrote:
> > perl-DBD-mysql                      3.0007-2.el5 (rhel)       2.9003
>
> 	I'm pretty sure we require 4.0, actually.

Ah, yeah, I got confused when grepping around in the release notes page
because it contains multiple almost identical sections. Hopefully I got
all the other dependencies from the right section.

Requiring 4.0 changes things significantly, because perl-DBD-mysql is
coming from the base RHEL package set not the EPEL package set.

Once we start replacing RHEL packages, then I'm not sure involving
protectbase or priorities has much point. We could just simplify my
proposal to:

 epel.repo:     exclude = perl-*
 rpmforge.repo: includepkgs = perl-*

> > perl-Data-ObjectDriver              X [0.06-3.fc11]       ???    ??????????????????????
> >                                     [0.06-1.el5.rf]
>
> 	Required by TheSchwartz. I was just warning you about possible weird
> dependency issues with it.

Ah. That's a pretty annoying dependency, since we can't just --nodeps a
package we pull in through the machine's puppet configuration. We might
need to create a local package that dummy-provided perl(DBD::Oracle).

What exactly is the "Mail Queueing" feature that TheSchwartz is used
for?

> > Parse::StackTrace and deps
> > Parse::StackTrace                   X
>
> 	Oh, and it also requires Exception::Class, but I suspect that at this
> point that's been pulled in by some other prereq, too.

OK.

- Owen