Re: Perl Packages [was: Re: GNOME Bugzilla Upgrade: Test Upgrade On Friday?]

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 18:25 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 14:26 -0700, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
> > Owen Taylor wrote:
> > > perl-DBD-mysql                      3.0007-2.el5 (rhel)       2.9003
> >
> > 	I'm pretty sure we require 4.0, actually.

> Once we start replacing RHEL packages, then I'm not sure involving
> protectbase or priorities has much point. We could just simplify my
> proposal to:
>
>  epel.repo:     exclude = perl-*
>  rpmforge.repo: includepkgs = perl-*

OK, I went with this scheme, implemented it, and added the necessary
Perl modules to the Puppet configuration for bugzilla-web.gnome.org

This includes two locally built modules:

 perl-Parse-StackTrace
 perl-DBD-Oracle-dummy

Where the latter is an empty package that just provides DBD::Oracle to
make Data::ObjectDriver happy.

Listed optional modules for Bugzilla that I did not install are:

 Image::Magick (ImageMagick-perl)

  Don't consider the security risk of launching ImageMagick
  code from the web interface worth the marginal feature of allowing
  BMP's to be converted to PNG's on upload. (Probably most BMP's that
  are uploaded to gnome.org are to demonstrate bugs in gdk-pixbuf
  or EOG...)

 Authen::Radius

  Don't need Radius authentication

 Authen::LDAP

  No immediate need to authenticate users against LDAP. Maybe later
  if we want a unified gnome.org password.

(I don't feel strongly about any of those, all can easily be added.)

- Owen