Re: Bug #115289

tis 2003-08-26 klockan 20.14 skrev Carlos Perelló Marín:
> [...]
[...]
> > GNOME 2.4.x is frozen. Frozen. Frozen. Frozen! Frozen not for the sake
> > of it, but for our fellow translators' sake.
> > Let's do cool and/or desirable changes on 2.5.x instead. If you feel an
> > urgent need to change messages or code in any particular module, suggest
> > to the maintainer that it be branched for GNOME 2.4 so that you can work
> > on cool stuff on HEAD.
>
> We are not talking about strings changes. I think like you about strings
> changes, we are talking about untranslated strings. If we don't add
> them, they will be all untranslated for all teams, if we add those
> strings to be able to translate them, some teams will be able to
> translate ALL GNOME, perhaps the other teams you are talking about will
> lose the 100% statistic, but the teams that have the needed resources
> will be able to translate all strings.

Because any larger code change adds bugs. And we don't have the time to
fix more bugs for GNOME 2.4, and redo all our testing for it to make
sure those fixes don't add more bugs themselves. Not at this point in
time.

> If there is any string change we should NOT change it until 2.5.0, but a
> string addition is a must.

No it's not. Not if it isn't a regression. If it's not a regression as
you say, *the thing was always this "bad"*, and so there's no point in
endangering a release by trying to fix it right now, out of all possible
times where this could have been, and still can be, fixed.