Re: Bug #115289

<quote who="Abel Cheung">

> > And it's waaaay to late for "improvements" to GNOME 2.4.x code now.
> > Let's all concentrate on making 2.5.x better instead.
>
> I don't understand the "localization should not be improved" point. Your
> argument is effectively preventing improvement for those teams who care.
> For those teams who can't/won't update their tranlsations, they can live
> without it. But now the freedom of choice is stripped off from every team.

Sorry, I agree with Christian on this point. There is a time for making
these changes, and we are far beyond it. We are doing a 2.4 final release in
about 15 days, and are beyond all meaningful freezes along the way.

These kinds of things need to be picked up much earlier in the process.

Sorry, but it will have to wait for 2.4.1, if it's appropriate for 2.4 at
all. On i18n issues, Christian and Kjartan are our first points of
reference; if they feel that a large change is not appropriate balanced
against the i18n gains, then we have to listen.

- Jeff

   "You know, the crunchy, folk-singer part of me wants to believe that a
     performance is a dialogue, but I can't hear a fucking thing you're
                          saying." - Ani DiFranco