Re: Bug #115289

среда, 20. август 2003. 21:31:42 CEST — Karl Eichwalder написа:

> "In XSLT" means it is available as a XML text.  Maybe you can use
> something of the intltools package to extractthe XSLT translations
> into
> proper LL.po files (where LL stands for language).
>
> Then create your new .pot file using xgettext (say "yelp-c.pot").
>
> Use msgmerge's compendium feature to reuse the old translations:
>
>     msgmerge --compendium LL.po -o new.LL.po /dev/null yelp-c.pot

Unfortunately, this wouldn't work because there are far less languages
that have the translated stylesheet -- I don't remember seeing any
special instructions for translators in the Yelp repository, so I have
missed to translate that -- the same is probably with many other
translators.

Because of that, this would still constitute a string freeze break.

Of course, it would be great if this procedure was followed for the
2.4.1 release, because the entire idea of intltools was to put every
string that needs translation into the PO file (including XML files).

Actually, I believe that entire XSLT stylesheet should be made to use
intltools (make it a style.xml.in, and preprocess it while building/
compiling the package -- just like every other package does for schemas
and stuff). If nobody disagrees, I'll file this as a bug with bugzilla.

Cheers,
Danilo