Re: Bug #115289

On 2003-08-26(Tue) 20:41:14 +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> > We are not talking about strings changes. I think like you about strings
> > changes, we are talking about untranslated strings. If we don't add
> > them, they will be all untranslated for all teams, if we add those
> > strings to be able to translate them, some teams will be able to
> > translate ALL GNOME, perhaps the other teams you are talking about will
> > lose the 100% statistic, but the teams that have the needed resources
> > will be able to translate all strings.
>
> Because any larger code change adds bugs. And we don't have the time to
> fix more bugs for GNOME 2.4, and redo all our testing for it to make
> sure those fixes don't add more bugs themselves. Not at this point in
> time.

It seems that you have been always claiming the change is to be added at
this moment, this _hour_, while it was originally proposed to change it
in post-2.4.0 times.

Please bring back the discussion on track.

> > If there is any string change we should NOT change it until 2.5.0, but a
> > string addition is a must.
>
> No it's not. Not if it isn't a regression. If it's not a regression as
> you say, *the thing was always this "bad"*, and so there's no point in
> endangering a release by trying to fix it right now, out of all possible
> times where this could have been, and still can be, fixed.

This point is moot. See my comment above.

Abel

--
Abel Cheung
Linux counter #256983   | http://counter.li.org