Re: [Gimp-developer] Fw: suggestion for new versions of GIMP

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Øyvind Kolås <pippin gimp org> wrote:
> A change that might make things better for all users, is an ability to
> search the menus/filters as an efficient part of a workflow. [key
> combo][gauss]][enter] to start doing a gaussian blur would make at
> least me much happier than permitting manual menu management.

I have implemented and experimented with an interface for doing this
ages ago in one of the GEGL sandboxes / ui experiments. And there,
where I also permitted plug-ins/operations to appear in multiple
locations of the parallel browsable menu hierarchy it worked rather
well. And doing the exploratory browsing through the menus felt really
cumbersome compared to just typing to search when you knew what you
were after.

/Ø
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/ ;                           http://ffii.org/