Re: [Gimp-developer] suggestion for new versions of GIMP

Jim Michaels, looks like what you want its to use Photoshop instead of GIMP.
If you dont want to be part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

GIMP is not photoshop, and my opinion is that you need to spend more time, as you did in photosho, with GIMP to get used to this program witch again, IT'S NOT PHOTOSHOP.

Thanks for your opinion and maybe its a good time to start learning some programming ;)
Love,
Emilio Marí Coppola

2011/11/24 Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com>
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Jim Michaels wrote:

> probably one of the most glaring things missing which serious users are
> missing are REALLY DECENT Camera RAW format tools and conversions for all
> the camera that have it - especially hasselblads.  just make sure that when
> you have your adjustments, they are properly organized.  make it really easy
> to use.

Please use darktable

> some of the things I like about photoshop like Vibrance and some of its
> adjustments seem to be missing in GIMP (or people just don't know what those
> things are called, or they just don't work the same).  I don't know if you
> can add that functionality in GIMP or not.

Please use darktable

> GIMP without photoshop filters is practically useless.

This is highly questionable.

> such as alien skin's eye candy...

Please learn to use wavelets

> photoshop already has optional OpenGL 3d capability...

Good for them

> not to mention you can photo a room and it can count items on a picture and
> measure items in a room and give you room dimensions.

That's how many uses in percents? 0.001%?

> so... what is GIMP trying to be?

Itself :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org