[Gimp-developer] suggestion for new versions of GIMP

the comments I am getting from some yahoo answers when GIMP is suggested are basically laughter, and that photoshop should be had instead.

probably one of the most glaring things missing which serious users are missing are REALLY DECENT Camera RAW format tools and conversions for all the camera that have it - especially hasselblads.  just make sure that when you have your adjustments, they are properly organized.  make it really easy to use.

some of the things I like about photoshop like Vibrance and some of its adjustments seem to be missing in GIMP (or people just don't know what those things are called, or they just don't work the same).  I don't know if you can add that functionality in GIMP or not.

in fact, make GIMP really easy to use, and powerful.

make animation part of the package instead of a separate piece.  some of us are losing out.

make menu items intuitive.  File,create for doing scanners is not intuitive.  File,Scanners or File,Acquire is easy to understand.

adobe photoshop filters (Mac or PC) should be built in.  people should have to install a plugin.  GIMP without photoshop filters is practically useless.  such as alien skin's eye candy...  (I think the company name could be changed)

GIMP should be powerful.

photoshop already has optional OpenGL 3d capability...
not to mention you can photo a room and it can count items on a picture and measure items in a room and give you room dimensions.

like I said, people laugh at GIMP...

so... what is GIMP trying to be?

-------------
Jim Michaels
jmichae3 yahoo com
JimM JimsComputerRepairandWebDesign com
http://JimsComputerRepairandWebDesign.com
http://JesusnJim.com (my personal site, has software)
---
Computer memory measurements, SSD measurements, microsoft disk size measurements (note: they will say GB or MB or KB or TB when it is not!):
[KiB] [MiB] [GiB] [TiB]
[2^10B=1,024B=1KiB]
[2^20B=1,048,576B=1MiB]
[2^30B=1,073,741,824B=1GiB]
[2^40B=1,099,511,627,776B=1TiB]
hard disk industry disk size measurements:
[KB] [MB] [GB] [TB]
[10^3B=1,000B=1KB]
[10^6B=1,000,000B=1MB]
[10^9B=1,000,000,000B=1GB]