Re: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimit! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 09:32:16PM -0700, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> on the subject and probably you woudn't change yours.  I would be glad
> if proposed new
> system would include (if possible) an option to vote "in open" in
> addition to the "anonymous"
> mode as I suggested in another message. This would make myself feel
> better :)

  I see zero advantage to this. This is a democracy. In any democracy
you have the right to state for whom you voted. But this is not what is
accounted as a vote. The vote itself is anonymous. But you can state
what you did w.r.t. your own vote.
  No smiley, I really don't see where you're going and why you're driving
this, I'm starting to get nuts over the issue to the point of being
disinterested in the matter. This again can be view as a common abuse
of the democratic process in which a minority makes a lot of fuss about
an issue nobody really cares much about. I want to get a community
sense, not an individual opinion taking over all discussions.

Daniel