Re: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimit! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

<quote who="Aleksey Sanin">

> Well, I don't think that argument "everyone else is doing (not doing)
> something" is a good one. You have to make *your* descisions. You need to
> know about what other people are doing to have more options but at the end
> you need to make *your* descision and don't blindly follow the crowd.

For goodness sake! The proposal was made to address some issues that GNOME
Foundation Members are feeling - that there is undue peer pressure on their
voting choices because the ballots are visible to anyone. It is not a matter
of 'following the crowd'.

As Luis said earlier, the burden is on you to show why this is detrimental
to the Foundation, as others have seen the above reasoning to be fair and
worthwhile.

- Jeff

    "Gah. Out of coffee. Shall think whilst auto-caffeinating." - Telsa
                                   Gwynne