Re: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimit! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 05:43, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   No smiley, I really don't see where you're going and why you're driving
> this, I'm starting to get nuts over the issue to the point of being
> disinterested in the matter. This again can be view as a common abuse
> of the democratic process in which a minority makes a lot of fuss about
> an issue nobody really cares much about. I want to get a community
> sense, not an individual opinion taking over all discussions.

There seem to be a board that is trying to push a change in election
procedure. There do not seem to be much support for this issue being
voiced by others. There are a few opposing voices. And the exact reason
the board is proposing the change could theoretically be used to explain
the absence of any more opposition to the proposal (ie. people do not
dare speak up against the board.)

Andreas