Re: Terminology

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 07:18:46PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I don't think that albums should be created automatically on import. I
> don't like anything being done for me automatically. That's for people
> who can't think for themselves- and there is a popular operating
> system that I ran away from because is is designed for people who
> cannot think for themselves (and it does a whole lot of things
> automatically).

Matter of taste. And matter of a checkbox in some preferences.

> A feature that would show all the photos from the last import would
> solve the need for this. By last import, I don't mean the last card
> that was imported. If four cards are imported, with less than an hour
> between each one, then we can assume that they are all part of the
> same import.

I do not think so. For example, I often import the two cameras we use
(mine and my friend's) at the same time. But she sets her clock to
French (winter) clock, and I set mine to UTC. So I'd rather have a
different album for the two.

Of course if you add to your conditions "and EXIF data show that the
cards were used in the same camera", I would agree. But this is quite
difficult to establish (same card on two cameras?)