Re: [Evolution] Help me understand something please

On Mon, 2022-06-27 at 13:47 -0500, Tim McConnell via evolution-list
wrote:
On Mon, 2022-06-27 at 20:05 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa wrote:
Does your local mail system (I mean MTA, not Evolution) use mbox or
Maildir?
No idea,it's what ever Debian defaults to.

Exactly!

I've never messed with thosesettings because I have never needed to.
The local mail used to work just fine, somewhere during upgrades
something changed and now it doesn't work correctly.

That's entirely possible; and it is up to your distribution [Debian]
how to do local mail.  And, yes, they change sometimes; when they did
it was most certainly in their release notes.   I'd categorizing
leaning on the local mail system of a UNIX/LINUX **workstation** to be
a very odd choice, it usually is not completely configured - if you
want the local mail system on a workstation configured a particular way
then you are now a Sys-Admin and need to do that.

To me, Gnome forgot something.

Nope, this has nothing to do with GNOME.  You are using a setting that
explicitly reaches outside the GNOME bubble.