Re: [Evolution] Help me understand something please

On Mon, 2022-06-27 at 18:18 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
How does the mail get into the "On this computer" Inbox?  The reason
ask is because normally local mail gets put into a system spool file
(i.e. /var/spool/mail/xxxx) and it is read from there. The Evolution
"On this Computer" mail is in a different place (and a different
format) so something that knows about Evolution must be actively
putting it there. (I'm just trying to explore possibilities where
this
might be going wrong.)
If I go into Edit -> Preferences -> Mail Accounts it shows On this
computer as maildir and Local Host as mbox. I can't see where Evolution
is pointing to for Maildir because the "Edit" button is grayed out. the
mbox points to /var/mail/<username>. There's also a /var/spool/mail/ if
I look in the /var directory, I'm not sure which is in the on this
computer.
I was asking the add user to a mail group because it's about the only
thing I haven't tried. And the bug reports were done via Debian Bug
report tool.  I wouldn't know where to go for WebKit GTK to file a bug,
I could find the page I guess. I assumed if the Distro maintainers
couldn't fix it at their level and needed to they would advance it to
the correct group? But we all know what happens when you assume.
-Tim
--
 <tmcconnell168 gmail com>