Re: [Evolution] Help me understand something please

Dnia 27.06.2022 o godz. 12:46:02 Tim McConnell via evolution-list pisze:
If I go into Edit -> Preferences -> Mail Accounts it shows On this
computer as maildir and Local Host as mbox. I can't see where Evolution
is pointing to for Maildir because the "Edit" button is grayed out. the

When you configure a new mail account in Evolution, you can select from
various account types. Among them are (these may be not exact English names
because I use a non-English locale for GNOME):

* Local delivery - this one *moves* messages from the standard system mbox to
  another place where Evolution keeps them
* MH format message directories - I guess almost nobody uses it now
* Maildir format message directories
* Standard Unix mbox files directory
* Standard Unix mbox file

With all these options, you have to specify the directory or file where the
messages are stored.

Are you sure you selected the correct variant when you defined the account?
Does your local mail system (I mean MTA, not Evolution) use mbox or Maildir?

If you selected "Local delivery", this involves copying messages from the
system location to the location Evolution uses. If the messages are large
(or if there is eg. some problem with file locking), maybe this may cause
unnecessary CPU load?

Or, if you use mbox and your mbox file is very large, this will obviously
cause CPU load.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa