Re: [Evolution] Evolution

On Tue, 2022-06-28 at 04:35 +0200, Rob via evolution-list wrote:
Every time I open it there is a big banner saying it's offline due to
an outage.

        Hi,
as Pete said, it's there, thus people know why new mails do not arrive.

I think your version has it too, go to Edit->Preferences->Network
Preferences->"Method to detect online state". Change it to "Always
Online". Evolution will "think" the machine is online, even if it's
not.

Another option is to export into your environment, like into ~/.bashrc
this:

   export GIO_USE_NETWORK_MONITOR=base

It will work similarly as the "Always Online" option. I suggest a
global place, not only before running Evolution, thus also the
evolution-data-server background processes know about it. Of course,
the environment variable will influence every application using glib's
GNetworkMonitor API to detect the only state.

        Bye,
        Milan