Re: [Evolution] Help me understand something please

On Fri, 2022-06-24 at 23:39 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa wrote:
Dnia 24.06.2022 o godz. 22:28:30 Pete Biggs pisze:
I use mutt a lot and I've never seen mutt hog CPU when displaying local
mail, even with very big messages.

And I've never seen Evolution do it unless it's a multi-megabyte
message.

Butt mutt does not try to convert plain text to HTML (nor the other way,
unless you request it explicitly, then it runs an external program like w3m
to do it) and doesn't use components like Webkit, it's a pure text mode
application, so I doubt it will do it.

And I used to use Pine and Elm. The issue for the OP is not necessarily
reading the messages, but understanding why Evolution is behaving this
way. Using a different application does not solve the Evolution issue
he is seeing.

You can always try it on your problematic messages...

*I* have no problematic messages. What I'm saying is that Evolution /
WebKit doesn't use an excessive amount of CPU for me for any message
unless there is a clear reason why it should. In my own little way I
was trying to say I don't see the problem the OP is talking about.

The OP has asked a similar question in the past and he was given
various troubleshooting procedures to try.  Specifically Milan told him
how to use gdb to get a back trace to see where the issue is.

P.