Re: [Evolution] Move mail to where?

On Tue, 2020-01-21 at 10:57 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
With respect of actions, especially picking destination folder for
copy/move operation on-the-fly based on the message being filtered,
that's not possible. I agree, it could be an interesting feature. I
do
not know how such thing would look in the UI, because there might
be an
expression, which can be similarly complicated as the condition,
but
also with an output other than true/false.

I presume it would be something relatively simple like the format
string for date(1) with a few extras. So the folder to filter a
message
into would be specified by, say, "%Y/%F" where "%Y" is the full year
and "%F" is the contents of the From: header before the @. I seem to
remember that an ancient MUA called elm had a similar feature for
auto-
filing mail; Exim (an MTA) can deal with variable destination names
in
the filters, in fact my Exim filter has at the very top

  unseen save mail-archive/${length_10:$tod_log}

which saves every single mail I receive into a daily mbox folder.

Why not have a regular expressions option (for search and whereto)
for those who know how to use it?
George Reeke