Re: [Evolution] Move mail to where?

On Thu, 2020-01-16 at 19:17 +0100, George N. Reeke wrote:
Re folder--I guess this is a version
problem, my copy/move always shows all folders open, even though
only the one I want is open in the folder map at the left.

        Hi,
yes, that's intentional and I have it like that too. What I've been
talking about is that the dialog is opened with the previously selected
folder the next time you call Copy/Move messages.

I think I can tackle dependency issues when the time comes.

That would be challenging, due to evolution-data-server (eds)
dependency and the other system parts depending on eds as well. A bit
more about this can be seen here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Building#Evolution-Data-Server_dependency

You may get better with Flatpak, even it has its own caveats too (due
to Flatpak design).
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/#Evolution_in_Flatpak

I'm not advising any of the above, just saying what one can do to get
to the latest versions, at least for testing purposes.
        Bye,
        Milan