Re: [Evolution] Proposal: to eliminate the digest option for the Evolution mailing list

Off-topic:

Something about _real issues_, one issue by it's nature affects
Evolution, too.

An issue for the iOS MUA is that it seems not to support plain text,
instead it does enforce multipart and the plain text of the multipart
is without automatic line breaks. IIRC all web interfaces, at least
Yahoo/Rocketmail, Alice/O2, Zoho and Mail.com provide at least a plain
text option. I don't know if they automatically break lines.

At least for the iPad, the quoting style could be tricky. By default
it's _not_

bg:

I've found the iPad to work fine for quoting style, it just requires somewhat different strokes
than Evolution. We spent a month in Europe a while back, and had no trouble answering
emails on the iPads.  Plus we could read our hometown newspaper every day with Safari :-)

Even further off-topic, I have been very impressed with Apple's support; my iPad's hardware
recently entered a failure mode (the "HOME" button  stopped working) and Apple had a solution
in about 30 seconds, with a software construct that pops a virtual "HOME" button on the screen
that works exactly like the defunct physical one did. They didn't have to be that creative - they
could have just said, "Sorry, no hope" and induced me to buy a replacement iPad. That no doubt
would have been MicroSoft's approach :-) The one criticism I might level is that that trick was
not covered, as far as I could find, anywhere in any of the manuals to which I have access.

But that's a minor quibble, and it could well be there and I just didn't find it.

Brewster

Embrace a progressively tolerant multicultural community of sustainable
social-justice-centered harmonically sharing low-carbon diversity.
 W. Brewster Gillett            bg fdi us            Portland, OR  USA
 Simply because you don't like to hear it, that doesn't make it untrue.