Re: [Evolution] Annoyance with "next message" order

On Thu, 2015-03-19 at 17:11 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Thu, 2015-03-19 at 17:08 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Thu, 2015-03-19 at 17:05 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

My main issue with the sorting, FWIW, is the fact that we sort
on the  Date: header and not the time the message was actually
*delivered*. So  when we get a misdated mail from the future, it
sits as the "newest"  message in the mailbox until the world
finally catches up with it. Or  we get annoyed and delete it.

Add a column called "Recieved" (which is the date received) and
sort on that.

Actually, you don't need to add the column - just right click on the
header bar (i.e. the Subject or From header) and got to "Sort By"
and select "Received".

Ooh, thank you. I don't remember that being available last time I
looked.

IIRC it's been available for as long as I've used Evo, which is quite a
few years now.

poc