Re: [Evolution] Annoyance with "next message" order

On Thu, 2015-03-19 at 08:21 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
I have folders ordered by Received (Descending, i.e. the oldest
thread
first) and this problem doesn't happen to me. I suspect the problem
has to do with wanting the most recent thread (i.e. the thread with
the most recent message) at the top but the messages within each
thread go from oldest to newest.

That's why I order my mail Ascending instead of Descending, with the
newest mail at the BOTTOM of the folder.  Although it's a bit weird at
first, this seems the most natural to me; it aligns the inter-thread
order with the intra-thread order: both go from oldest at the top to
newest at the bottom.

I misunderstood you. As I said, I also have oldest first (both threads
and messages) yet I don't see the behaviour you describe. However I seem
to have a custom sort order which I must have configured a long time ago
and forgotten about. I can't find an obvious way to see what it's set
to.

poc