[Evolution] compile my own --- in addition to: Authentication Issues with Exchange Web Services

Am Freitag, den 05.06.2015, 21:45 +0400 schrieb Emre Erenoglu: (...)
Note that Xubuntu 14.04 Evolution packages are pretty old, even
ancient (3.10 if I understand right). Even Vivid 15.04 has very old
packages. So I compile my own from time to time. Alternatively, if you
upgrade to Vivid 15.04, you can use Fabien Tassin PPA here:
https://launchpad.net/~fta/+archive/ubuntu/gnome3  and use 3.16.x
which is relatively recent.

Emre

Hi,

I'm often noticed - particularly on this list, that my Evolution
packages are pretty old, even ancient (and here it's 3.2.3 as it came
with Precise and it will doggonit stay as long as Precise stays or I'll
find a safe way to do, what Emre Erenoglu does). But what is the
(Ubuntu) procedure for that ?

I'd love to compile my own Evolution from time to time - as practically
everyone here on the list seems to do from the sound of it ?!!

But there seems to be not even one simple "cookbook" to do it, but lots
of comments, that those distros that don't keep Evolution up to a recent
version are dirt cheap.
I don't see the fun of it. Finally, I'd like to get to know an Ubuntu
user who knows how - and who passes this straightaway to this list or to
a web site.

No harm meant!
--
Tom <tom prost-net de>