Re: [Evolution] compile my own --- in addition to: Authentication Issues with Exchange Web Services

On Tue, 2015-06-09 at 18:18 +0200, Tom wrote:
Am Freitag, den 05.06.2015, 21:45 +0400 schrieb Emre Erenoglu: (...)
Note that Xubuntu 14.04 Evolution packages are pretty old, even
ancient (3.10 if I understand right). Even Vivid 15.04 has very old
packages. So I compile my own from time to time. Alternatively, if
you
upgrade to Vivid 15.04, you can use Fabien Tassin PPA here:
https://launchpad.net/~fta/+archive/ubuntu/gnome3  and use 3.16.x
which is relatively recent.
find a safe way to do, what Emre Erenoglu does). But what is the
(Ubuntu) procedure for that ?
I'd love to compile my own Evolution from time to time - as
practically
everyone here on the list seems to do from the sound of it ?!!

I think custom building is rare.  But it is pretty simple to just use a
distribution that provides a current not-terribly-divergent version of
GNOME [and thereby Evolution].

I don't see the fun of it. Finally, I'd like to get to know an Ubuntu
user who knows how - and who passes this straightaway to this list or
to a web site.

There is Evolution documentation.
<https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/>

It is generally better to go to Application or Project documentation
than whatever [any] distribution has cut-n-pasted into their own
site/wiki.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383